Employer: Bird Industrial Management Services
Position: Project Director
Terms of Employment: Full-time / Permanent
Location: Mississauga, Ontario
Employment Address: 5700 Explorer Drive, Mississauga Ontario L4W 0C6
Hours of Work: 40 hours/week
Benefits: Eligible for discretionary bonuses and/or salary increases in accordance with company policy. Eligible for dental, extended medical and disability insurance.
Salary: $235,000 CAD per annum
Contact: Please send resumes to [email@example.com] and include “Project Director” in the email subject line.
Opportunity Management and Opportunity Response
• Support and be active in identifying Business Development opportunities that bring in new projects.
• As required, lead bid proposal responses to clients with the support of marketing and other team members.
• Develop, manage, and maintain new and existing client, consultant and trade relationships.
• Ensure all contract negotiations are executed in accordance with process and in line with the master project schedule.
• Ensure that all preconstruction planning activities are executed by the project team to the satisfaction of the organization and the client.
• Ensure the project strategy is executed at all times.
• Ensure that the projects are properly resourced.
• Ensure that all project budgets contain/exceed expectations for profit.
• Ensure the project team is operating as a team.
• Lead the development of a project strategy that secures the project, and meet or exceed the project’s required performance, schedule and profitability targets.
• Confirm that estimate/cost plan incorporates value for the owner, accommodates the consultant’s design intent and the targeted profitability.
• Conduct the negotiation and oversee the preparation and execution of the prime contract.
• Exhibit the key values of leadership, innovation, relationships, and profitability and meet all stakeholder commitments (vs. safety, sustainability, collaboration and integrity) as outlined in our Promise.
• Ensure project health, safety and environmental standards meet or exceed legislated requirements and company policy.
• Assist the Construction Director with day-to-day operations.
• Know project critical issues at all times and ensure that project team has followed up to address issues to satisfaction of all stakeholders including Stuart Olson.
• Responsible for understanding and overseeing that site process, productivity, targets, KPI’s, dashboards, etc. are adhered to.
• Keep the Construction Director informed of significant developments.
• Ensure that the project teams clear all deficiencies in a timely manner.
• Ensure total completion is achieved as per the client’s expectation.
• Ensure project close out and lessons learned meetings take place in order for continuous improvements to take place.
Employee and Talent Management
• Lead in the recruitment of new talent and support the development of personnel through on-going coaching and mentoring to ensure effective, safe project delivery and individual career development.
• Develop high performance employees by effectively recruiting suitable new talent, providing continuous positive and constructive feedback, on-going assessment of non-performing employees and planning for succession
• Coach and mentor the project team members to ensure effective preconstruction delivery.
• Conduct annual performance reviews of all direct reports, and ensure annual reviews are conducted with all staff.
• Undergraduate degree engineering, construction management, or related field
• 10 or more years’ experience in construction
• 5 years of supervisory experience in construction
• Track record of successful commercial project management of high profile building construction projects
• Ability to use MS Word, Excel, Outlook, Microsoft Projects & Primavera P6, Electronic Document Management & SAP
• Deep expertise and proven track record with respect to the continuous improvement project delivery services and value added constructability process and practice
• Experience in gaining major bids with joint venture partners, with proven management of successful infrastructure and construction bids
• Proven ability to ensure a successful completion of projects, their profitability, and for retaining owners as continuing clients of the company
• Ability to lead and operate within an environment where change happens frequently
• Commitment to recruiting, mentoring, training, and retaining a focused team; the foresight and ability to delegate accordingly
• Strong leadership capability as evidenced by demonstrable success in team / collaborative work environments
• Ability to forge, grow and maintain positive relationships with multiple groups
• Ability to manage multiple priorities simultaneously and meet the time demands of unpredictable activities; capable of handling pressure and challenges in a dynamic business environment
• Ability to work within tight deadlines and prioritization of work to achieve them
• Strong analytical, critical thinking, troubleshooting, problem-solving skills, and a high degree of accuracy and attention to detail
• Highly developed interpersonal, communication, and organizational skills
• Ability to work collaboratively with a positive attitude
• Superior written and verbal communication skills
HOW TO APPLY
Please send resumes to [firstname.lastname@example.org] and include “Project Director” in the email subject line.
Bird Industrial Management Services
Sunday, September 24, 2023
Friday, March 22, 2024